By Lauren Walker, Associate Social Media Specialist
Technology is creeping and crawling into almost every area of our lives, including the holidays. Nearly 158 million consumers will participate in Halloween activities this year, and 32.9% of them will use the Internet for inspiration.
As Marchex’s Social Media Specialist, it’s my job to keep up on the latest mobile and technology trends. And that includes how to get your tech on for Halloween. Here’s how to join in the fun:
- iScare is an app that lets you turn a regular picture into a ticking time bomb of terror. (Disclaimer: this one really did scare me!) You can see how it works here.
- If you enjoy the silent spookiness of spirits and ghosts, then GhostCam: Spirit Photography might be more your style. See examples of the ghost photos you can create here.
- If you’re like me, then Halloween is all about the outfit. See how Digital Dudz can turn your smart phone into your most successful accessory here.
- Neighborhood competition can spur some pretty amazing decorations around the holidays, and Halloween is no exception. There is a company called Light-O-Rama that will actually choreograph outdoor lights to music for you… check it out here.
- Halloween isn’t for everyone, so if you’d rather steer clear of the madness, you can always wear this shirt during the festivities:
Happy Halloween! Be safe, have fun and stay techy. IF YOU DARE…