By Tim Graber, Senior Director, Product & Engineering
At Marchex, first and foremost we are focused on our customers. Part of my job is to dig into customer needs, and find pain points or missing pieces, so that we can adjust our products and continue to provide unmatched service. Yesterday we announced two major technology upgrades to Marchex Call Analytics. Call DNA and Dynamic Tracking are designed to make it easier for advertisers to efficiently understand, which of their ad campaigns are driving the types of calls and conversions they want.
“Historically, listening to customer call recordings has been an impossible task at scale for businesses receiving huge volumes of calls,” said Warren Kay, Executive in Residence at BIA Kelsey. “Technology that removes this massive pain point is a big step forward for the industry because it helps businesses do what they do best – serve customers.”
We are really excited about the opportunities these new technologies give our clients. They directly address well-established challenges that advertisers face when trying qualify calls coming from their ad campaigns. So what do these new technologies do? Let’s break it down:
- Delivers a visualization of what happens on phone calls using playback technology that graphically displays conversations. Listening to calls takes an enormous amount of time and patience – let us make it easier for you.
- Allows advertisers to develop an understanding of the consumer intent and quality of phone calls driven from their advertising campaigns.
- Provides additional data about the conversation that traditional call measures (duration, IVR choices, etc.) cannot match.
- Provides the advertiser with details on what keywords, ad impressions and visitor sessions trigger a consumer phone call.
- Gives advertisers a clear picture of media effectiveness, allowing them to better allocate ad spend.
- Uses a dedicated pool of numbers associated to your ad campaigns that use all of the same great call quality and analytics technology we offer in our traditional product.
The launch of these enhancements is an example of how we are leading the mobile charge for our customers. With the growth of mobile so high, it’s imperative that we provide cutting edge technologies that give our customers the power to improve and grow their business.