By Alison Dreiblatt, Director, Marketing
Anyone who has ever run a web project knows they are a huge amount of work, and typically a big pain in the butt. So I find myself asking why we seem to want to reinvent ourselves on the web every year. Even the best designs start to look old and dated after a while, and the mobile advertising space we are in is evolving especially quickly. So this year, again, Marchex.com needed to be taken to the shop for a nip and a tuck.
So what did we do, and why?
- We dropped the “Digital” from our network. It is now called the “Marchex Call Marketplace.” We originally used the word Digital so we were not being confused with a call center. But, the association of calls to mobile has landed and this distinction is no longer needed in the market. In fact, digital started to sound old school. Our new name is concise, parallel to Marchex Call Analytics and highlights our real benefit – quality calls
- Modernized the design with a full bleed and more animation. Our amazing designer, Matt Wright, took our static design to the next level with our updated homepage
- A whole lot of backend stuff that will bore you to tears – new server, improved SEO tags & tracking, clearer messaging, and more functionality for speedy changes and improvements
What are the goals?
- Improve our analytics and SEO tracking, so we do a better job of matching marketing initiatives to web traffic
- Increase the discoverability of our page with SEO improvement efforts
- Create messaging that more clearly reflects our products