Last week, we attended Hubspot’s Inbound 2013 Conference in Boston. Spending three days at innovative presentations led by some of marketing’s best thought-leaders was truly inspiring. We’ve brought the top 5 marketing tips back to Seattle to share with you, take a look:
- Transparency – be honest with who your company is, and share your personality.
- Human connection – personalize your message, take the time to make meaningful outreach.
- Tell your story – be authentic and find your company’s voice. Story trumps messaging.
- Get to know your customers – customer segmentation should be a priority, get out and meet your customers in person!
- Be inspiring – create content that draws customers to you, push against the traditional outbound marketing tactics.
Trust, coordination and generosity were woven thematically into the whole Inbound message. As marketers, we were reminded of the importance of personalization and creating meaningful content for our unique audience. We left with helpful tools we will use to become excellent inbound marketers at Marchex, and we hope they also inspire your own inbound marketing initiatives.
-Kara Smith and Leslie Ihnot